Thursday 22 July 2010

Recipe Thursday - Cumin Lentils

The whole family was going to be home the other evening for dinner and I wanted to make something that would appeal to the vegetarian in the crowd as well as be hearty enough for the meat eaters.  While at the Company's Coming website I searched the meatless meals and came up with this one "Cumin Lentils".

I like recipes that start with lots of onions, celery.  Excellent vegetable choices once fried up a bit.

The addition of cumin and turmeric gave the onions a lovely golden glow.
\
A few more ingredients and a short period to simmer and dinner was ready.  I decided that to stretch the meal a side of brown rice was needed. To show how quick this dinner was, I started the rice first, then made the lentil dish and was ready with it before the rice was ready.
A little dash of hot pepper sauce and we were enjoying dinner in no time.


2 comments:

Miri said...

This looks delicious! I love lentils...they are so versatile!

Teddy Rose said...

Looks like a delicious vegetarian dish!