Tuesday 6 July 2010

Needlework Tuesday

While knitting the star afghan for my daughter a few months back I came across one ball of Glittallic yarn.  I fell in love with it.  When I went to the Patons website I found that it was long discontinued.  oh, woe is me.  I really wanted to make a shawl or wrap from it as it is so wonderful.  I even checked ebay and other resellers and the prices were outrageous for single balls.  I finally was able to get back to the shop where I bought the original ball and found that they still had some in their clearance area.


I bought every ball in that colour.  I now have fifteen full balls and one partial ball.  I am looking forward to making something for myself once I finish the afghans that I need to stitch before the end of the year.

I haven't gotten back to the wonderful Betty Boop fabrics.  They are still sitting in my sewing area waiting to be pressed before I can start cutting.  Fortunately fabric ages well.  With any luck I'll find additional prints by then and have even more variety.

I'll be camping this weekend for four days, so I'm not sure what if any needlework I'll get done this week.  Perhaps I'll take a book with needlework in it?

2 comments:

Linda said...

I missed your post about finishing your Star Afghan!! I was waiting to see how it turned out. Cant believe I missed it. I love it. The tassels are the perfect touch. You did an awesome job!!

Elly D said...

Your pink wool caught my eye. It is gorgeous!! I look forward to seeing what you make with it.
I was wondering how the Betty Boo fabric was doing. Look forward to seeing what you do.
Your blueberry scones sound delicious. I may just have to make that one as blueberries are my favourite fruit at the moment. Thank you ;)
Ellyx
ps have a great time at camp this weekend!