Tuesday 27 July 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Crochet Project Progress

Camping was fun even though it seemed to rain every day.  I dropped my project on the damp/wet ground a few times, so there are bits of grass and such clinging to it in a few places.  Thankfully I missed the puddles.  I finished the first row and started on the little joining motifs.  Shown in the first picture is the white centre of these tiny snowflakes.  This bit measures about 1 3/4 inches.
The second picture shows four of the large snowflakes attached with one of the tiny joining motifs in the centre.  They went together quite well with minimal ripping out of stitches.  As you can see, there are still millions of yarn ends to be wove in on the reverse.
This is where I am at.  The seventh snowflake didn't fit in the picture.  It measures about 56 inches long.  Progress on this project is good as long as I can find a few minutes here and there to work on it.  I am very happy with the results.
I'm putting this aside for the day and tying myself to my cutting table (read: dining room table).  I really must get to that Betty Boop fabric.  Daughter has also added some fabrics to the stack. 

Next week hope to show you my niece's knitting projects.  She will be enjoying her first Canadian winter this year and is stitching away in the hopes of staying warm.

1 comment:

Miri said...

This is very pretty! I really like the little snowflakes that act as connectors!