Tuesday 23 November 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Christmas Stocking

My sister often visits with me at Christmas.  She lives a couple provinces away, so she packs limited Christmas stuff.  I decided this year that she needed her own stocking and that she shouldn't be borrowing an old one from one of my kids.  I used the pattern that I had used to knit mine many years ago.  There is no company name on the pattern, though it is titled "Victorian Christmas Stocking".  I knit it on 4.5 mm needles and used a worsted weight wool. The colour showing here looks quite pink, which is not the colour of the stocking.  My sister doesn't know what colour I used and since she does read this blog, I'll keep that part a secret.  To give you an idea of the size, the diamon pattern measures about twelve inches from the top to the the start of the heel.

Next I need to find a few fun things to stuff inside along with a wee bit of chocolate....

5 comments:

Paulina said...

Very nice! I love the diamond pattern.

Dorte H said...

What a pretty pattern!

I could see Alice in Wonderland sporting beautiful socks like these - but probably in white.

Marie said...

It's beautiful. I don't think I've seen knitted Christmas stockings. Not like this anyway. It's sad, I know, I lead a sheltered life. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that diamond pattern. I have a dainty sweater with that. I'll have to see if I can find a crochet equivalent :).
Stay inspired!

Stone Meadow One said...

Aww, that is so cute!