Tuesday 21 June 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Apathy or Why I didn't get Anything Accomplished

A special thank-you to Sherrie at Just Books for making me this cute button for Needlework Tuesdays.  Feel free to grab it and add it to your Needlework Tuesday Post.    We like to gather here once a week to share our projects and to encourage each other.  Leave me a comment with a link to your post and I'll add you in.

This week I am going to start off with Sherrie's project.  She has been working on a lovely pineapple doily for several weeks.  Today she has posted a pic of the finished project.  Way to go Sherrie.

I wish that I had something to share with you this week.  I had the best of intentions, but they didn't go anywhere.  I did a lot of daydreaming.  A while ago I was sent a link to a 1600 inch jelly roll quilt.  I want to make this one.  It looks like a lot of fun to make with a group.  Check out the video below to see why it might interest you as well.  I don't know that I would do it as a race, but it does look fun.



I have cut a few strips to make this.  I doubt I'll go and buy a jelly roll as I have lots of fabric on hand and like to have a say in my fabric choices.  Have you made this quilt?  Send me a pic and I'll add it to the post.

I am going to stitch this week, honest.

Grandma Coco at Grandma Coco's Designs wrote a wonderful post on how she adapted the February Lady Sweater to meet her needs.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Glad you liked the button. That Jelly Roll does look great. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Lynda said...

Love the button - will join in next week ;0)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

A cute button indeed, well done Sherrie.

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

Thanks for the link, Heather!

I'm sure you're like me and have spurts of great productivity followed by dry periods. It's either feast or famine! However, in my experience, day dreaming often leads to a BIG idea. I wonder what yours will be....