Thursday 23 June 2011

Recipe Thursday - Simply Salad


I love it when I come up with a tasty dish using only what I have on hand. 

Fruity Salad

1 pile of salad greens
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
big handful of blue berries
1 pear diced

Dressing
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dijon mustard

Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with shredded coconut.  Accompany with a nice grainy bread or crackers.

I absolutely adore visiting Weekend Cooking, a meme which is hosted by Beth Fish Reads.  It gives me my foodie fix with all sorts of links to recipes, reviews of food related novels, movies and cookbooks. All viewers are invited to add a link to their recent food related post.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to click on the picture because it looked like MEAT and blue berries to me. I am happy I was wrong, but what do I know about anyone else´s salads? ;D

Lynda said...

Love the look of this salad - must try it out ;0)

Heather S-G said...

Yum, this sounds like a great combo. Love the blueberries, that not something I add to salads often, though I do add other (redder, usually) berries. I'll throw some in next time. I bet it'd be great with some grilled chicken in there, too...if you're not a vegetarian, that is (...and I'm not). nummy.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love bluberries, and yet never think to add them to a salad..something I will recitify now that I saw your delicious salad!

Rikki said...

Interesting combination of flavours. Must give this one a try.

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

I love fruity salads! Looks so good! And what a great idea, I never thought to add shredded coconut.

Margot said...

Blueberries and walnuts are on a list from my doctor that I should eat every day. I usally put them in yogurt. Now, thanks to you, I have a new way to eat them. I have to try this idea out.

TheBookGirl said...

I don't think I've ever had a fruit salad dressed with a mustard dressing before...sounds good, must try it soon :)

Marg said...

I am not 100% sure about fruit in salad. I will have to give it a try when we get back to salad weather.

Louise said...

Necessity is the mother of invention. It's great when it works out well. I rarely think of putting fruit in salads- mango sometimes I guess. Blueberry and pear is a fantastic combination.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I love fruits and salad mixed :)

Kate said...

Fruity salads are the best! I'd never thought about coconut on top - will have to see if I have any handy next time!

Beth F said...

I too love fruits in my salad -- especially with balsamic vinegar.