Tuesday 17 January 2012

Needlework Tuesday - No Drip Icecream Cones

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

In last week's post I shared with you the start of my latest project: knit and crochet ice cream cones.   Be sure to visit that post for links to the patterns.  I was able to finish the project and add lots of sprinkles/beads to bring them to life.  I loved how they turned out, though I don't think I will be making any for myself, well, except maybe for a soft serve.
 



My cousin and her fiance love the cones and plan to display them in their ice cream shop.  Unfortunately I managed to chose flavours and styles of cones that they don't sell in their shop.  I do believe they have sprinkles.

What's next?  As I mentioned last week, I have a million un-finished projects that I do want to work on.  I am going to put some pressure on my self and commit here to working on them. 
  • quilt and bind small Chinese inspired wall hanging
  • finish plaid boxers   - Completed January 20, 2012
  • finish banana boxers    - Completed January 20, 2012
  • finish blue bug boxers
 Be sure to check back next week to determine whether I achieve these goals.  None of them will take much work, it's just a matter of me actually sitting at my sewing machine and working on them. My plan is to load a new audio book onto my ipod and listen to that while I stitch.  I want to send the little wall hanging to my sister for her birthday in  less than a month.  Considering that Canada Post says I need up to two weeks mailing time, I don't have any time to waste.


Did you receive a BlackBerry Playbook for Christmas, Linda at living, quilting and stuff has posted instructions of how to sew the perfect cover.
Do you have plans to finish up a project that has been lingering for far too long.  Share it here and I'll help encourage you along the way.

7 comments:

Dorte H said...

Knitted ice cream ads? LOL

I can see I´ll have to ask you to knit a cosy book cover ;)

Joy Weese Moll said...

Those are so cute! I love the little bead sprinkles.

sewnut said...

Perfect for happy little kids too...
I am going to work through lots of unfinished projects this year (Do you think that if I make such a positive statement it should have some effect?)

Ann Summerville said...

Those are adorable.
Ann

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Looking forward to hearing more on those unfinished projects.

Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post said...

They look good enough to eat!

Heather said...

A knitted book cover, will have to think on that one Dorte.

Don't worry Petty Witter, I have many, many projects that fit under the title of 'unfinished' that I could share here.