Thursday 12 December 2013

Tangled Thursday - A Black and White Cow

A word. That's what Tami's challenge was for today.  I had several ideas, though this is the one that I settled on , for now.  I chose very black and white tangles and drew a cow.  Tangles used: cubins, corn rows, jonqal, zedbra, daggerly.
Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
When I was at my local book store, WordsWorth Books, the other day, I saw that they had a Zentangle book in stock. Wanting to encourage the spread of the art, I offered to draw some shelf talkers (usually they are the little reviews of the books that the shop hangs from the shelf near where the book is stocked) for the art.  I dropped these by the store yesterday.  Hopefully they will encourage others to try Zentangles.

Mr. Linky is waiting below for you to add a link to your 'word' tangle.  we won't be having another challenge till the new year, though I will have my post and Mr. Linky will be there for you to share your art.


2 comments:

Marie said...

Moo! Very cool. I love it! I haven't had much time to try new tangles lately, but I'm going to write these ones down and look them up later.

Your shelf talkers are fabulous, also. What an awesome idea!

Have a great week.

Tami said...

I love the cow! That is so creative - and funny!

And what a great idea to encourage zentangling at your local book store. I'm sure your self-talkers are a hit.

Sorry so late getting my post up - it's been quite the week!