Thursday 5 December 2013

Tangled Thursday - Monotangles

It certainly was a challenge this week drawing monotangles.  That means selecting one tangle and working with only with it's variations.  The first one I attempted is Clothesline.  I like this string 7 from Tanglepatterns.com.  Thanks to Marie for this challenge.
Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
Once I got started, I had to try another approach.  This time, after drawing my string #48, I drew a grid across it and started filling in the grid with hypnotic.  
I'm not as happy with the third one, waft drawn on string 21.  I think the scale is too large for the string spaces.


Next week's Challenge will be posted by Tami at Just One More Thing.

Did you working on Zentangles this week.  You are invited to add a link to your post below and I'll be happy to visit and leave a comment.    My friend, Lisa, tried her hand at several tangles this weekend and is totally hooked.  She not ready to share any photos yet, but hopefully soon.  Remember, there is no such thing as perfect in art, it's your drawing and your interpretations, go for it.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Three good drawings. I especially like the "hypnotic" pattern. I found it surprising how much variety you can create with just one pattern.

Marie said...

Gorgeous work, Heather! Three new-to-me patterns. All of them are terrific, but I adore the second one, especially how the circles appear to overlap a little. Did you say which pattern that is? I'd love to try it.

Great idea to add the date along with your initials! Love your tiles, too. Did you buy them like that or did you make them?

Have a great week.