Tuesday 21 June 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Time for a Snack

 I have a bad habit of snacking while I am stitching.  I learned long ago not to eat greasy or gooey foods as they might leave marks on my project.  Cookies tend to be fairly safe, though sandwiches usually require two hands so they are a no go.  Today, I was working with a different type of sandwich. A yarn one.  This cute sandwich is for my neighbour's grandson.
 On a plate it looks quite appetizing.
 I made two slices of bread, whole grain of course.
 Leaf lettuce and a slice of swiss style cheese.
 Add two slices of tomato for a real treat.  Pattern is free from Yarnspirations. Playtime Sandwich..
 Another little finish this week.  I knit this last winter but never got the ends worked in and it just seemed a little boring.  Cute shape but too much of the same again and again.  What could I do to liven it up.  The pattern is called Brilliant Zig Zag Scarf and is free from Lion Brand Yarn.   I enjoyed knitting it and image that I will make it again in the future.  Below the scarf is shown after a little play.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I hope that you are having fun and  making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current post.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Cute patterns, Heather. Love the holey Swiss cheese.

Kate said...

That sandwich looks like fun.

Roslyn said...

First crocheted sandwich I ever saw!! Not my cup of tea.............lol