Tuesday 7 June 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Show and Tell

Last evening was the end of year banquet for the Elmira Needlesisters Quilt Guild, my local guild.  After a lovely potluck dinner, we had show and tell.  Since September we have been working on quilts using the guidelines from member Laura.  You'll see in the following photos, we're not all that good at following directions.

We were to start with a central block of our own choosing.  Each month, Laura gave us directions for the next border, or partial border.  That's were the personal interpretation started.  Some didn't like asymetical borders and others changed the the colour orientation, and others decided to stop at different points.  They are all so different though we used the same pattern.  I do hope you enjoy the show.  Sorry I don't have to names of all the makers.








Barb decided to  stop early and make a smaller wall hanging

Joyce is still pondering whether to go larger or to stop and make
 this a wheel chair quilt

Kay still considers herself a new quilter and felt challenged to make this wall hanging.  




This is mine. I still am going to add a single fabric border when I find the correct print


I promised I'd show you my lonestar quilt once it was put together.  Ta-da.  It measures about 64 inches a side.  Now to figure out how to quilt it.   Once again, the pattern is by Kimberly Einmo.

There was some furious sewing at my house over the past few days.  I think I need a bit of a break, though daughter is ready to get on with her dress. hmm. Since I don't want to keep an enthusiastic daughter down, on with the dress.

 Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I hope that you are making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current post.




1 comment:

Roslyn said...

How different all those challenge quilts are, and my favorite is number two!