Tuesday 29 August 2017

Needlework Tuesday - A Stitch Forward

 Another pair of fittens completed.  They didn't take long at all.  I started them the first week of August and even with being crazy busy they are done.  I tried to work on them every day, sometimes only a row or two.  Those little bits all added up.

It's the same approach I take with reading.  Some days I can't manage a reading marathon (actually most days) but I can fit in a chapter or two.  It not only helps get the book finished, but it keeps me in touch with the characters.  If I leave too many days without reading, I lose touch with them and forget some of those important details that the plot will hinge on.  Similar thing with stitching projects.  Yes, you can lose touch with them.  Forget why you cast on those extra stitches, why you changed some detail.  For me the big one is, which row of the pattern repeat you are on.  I try to make notes, but if you haven't worked on a project in a while, those notes can get lost.  This is exactly where I am with the socks for my sister.  I either didn't make notes or I have lost them and now I have to go back and figure out where the heck I am . eeks.  (Better bite the bullet and just get back on track).

I cast on and have started knitting the latest pair of fittens.  I'm using that super cool yellow/grey/charcoal yarn.  I'm loving how it's looking.  Three rows last evening. I've lost track of how many pairs of these I have made, maybe a dozen, and I'm still loving the pattern and the entire process.  Usually I get bored after making something twice, but this could keep going.  I believe it's the wonderful assortments of yarns that are out there.  Will have to see what i can find for the next pair...


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


3 comments:

Lin said...

Nice work. I read in bed before I go to sleep - sometimes it's five minutes - sometimes 30! Sometimes it takes me ages to get through a book. xx

Kate said...

It is amazing how much you can get done by doing a bit everyday. Love all those fittens.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love your fittens, they are cute. You need to give sample of them being worn, lol. I love that beautiful yarn for you latest fittens, the colors look like fall. Have a great day!