Tuesday 8 August 2017

Needlework Tuesday: Too Easily Distracted

 It didn't take much to distract me from my needlework goals this week.  Mostly it was due to daughter and hubby taking a short trip east to explore a possible university for her grad studies.  The trip was a major success.  The smiles in her photos told me everything I needed to know.

I'm surprised how much of my emotional and physical time this trip took of me and didn't even travel with them.  I am greatly relieved that she loves the location.  Mother's are always concerned about their children's well being even when said kids are adults.

I did manage a wee bit of stitching while I was following their progress via social media channels.  I finished the third pair of fittens using the purple and green yarn and still have enough for a fourth pair.

Last night, I started this cotton trivet.  It's a free pattern from Ravelry called Cotton Trivet by Sarah Edelmaier.   It took a bit to get used to her writing style; one of those cases where a line of explanation would have gone a long way.  She doesn't start rounds with the typical chain 2 or 3, so I at first assumed she missed writing that step.

If you like doing back post and front post double crochets, you'll love this pattern.  I'm part way through row 4 and finally have the hang of the technique.  I do think this is a pattern I'll be making again and again.

I didn't get much accomplished on my leaf, a few more buttons, but not enough to share a photo.  I have no idea how many more buttons I'll add, but I'd safely guess 150+.  I'll keep counting and keep hope to have more progress soon.  Not sure if that will be next week as that is my yearly volunteer week which keeps me hopping.

 Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Glad your daughter had a good trip and is happy with her plans. Nice fittens! xx

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love those fittens! Love the color of the trivet. I'll be waiting to see it done. Good luck with volunteer week. Have a great day!

Kate said...

I have a son on the East Coast and he loves it. He tries to persuade us to join him. Who knows, maybe we will.
Take your knitting bag when you volunteer. Even a few stitches count.