Thursday 13 December 2007

On the First Day of Christmas I gave to my true loves...


For the previous 13 Christmas's I have hung this advent calendar. The first year my sister Nancy helped me fill all the pockets with chocolate. It was only minutes before it fell of the wall with a crash and bundles of chocolate went rolling and bouncing across the room. Ok, so i learned to only put a few days of chocolate in it at one time.
As my children got older and more daring, I had to resort to filling i t one day at a time as they were prone to sneak days ahead.
This year I didn't put it on the wall until this morning so I could take this picture. Instead I thought I would surprise them with gifts for the 12 Days of Christmas. I haven't been able to determine whether they should start today, or does the counting start on the 25Th and continue into January. Using gift givers license, I decided to start today.
For the first day of Christmas I gave to my true loves, Sweetness. We can all use more of it some days. Hubby promptly ate his, son sort of grunted a thanks, and daughter shook her box of Smarties and put them in her lunch bag.
I don't know what I'll give them next, but I hope to have fun searching. I do plan to stop at the music store...

No comments: