Wednesday 19 December 2007

On the 7th day of Christmas...

When I started this 12 days of Christmas thing, I didn't realize that it would be so tough thinking up worthwhile gifts to give to each member of my family. I generally like to give them things that they need and will enjoy. Doing it this way is forcing me into the gift giving. arg!!!

I did manage to find some nice black socks for hubby this morning. We started giving black socks a few years ago when they was an advertising that bemoaned people receiving black socks as gifts at Christmas. I spoke with mother about it, and we decided that everyone in the extended family would receive black socks. It was quite the event shopping for them as the sizes ranged from new-born to men's extra long. I think we bought 18 pairs of socks.

Son likes math and science and I was fortunate to find this book, "The Birth of a New Physics" by I. Bernard Cohen. It looks like a very readable book which I'm sure he'll enjoy.



Daughter is currently doing a school project on the Vikings. When we saw this book, "Viking it and Liking it" by Jon Scieszka, she knew that she would glean some valuable background material from it. While it is written at about a grade 3 or 4 level, I suspect that she will still enjoy the story.

No comments: