Wednesday 16 February 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Turning the Corner (I really mean heel) on Socks

I have continued to work on my socks, though haven't had as much time this week.  I did get the heels turned.  Using the two at a time method doesn't work here. Due to the short rows, you have to turn one heel and then go to the next sock and turn that heel.   Not the best of pictures, but I can't go back and take another as I've continued to knit.
 In this photo I have picked up 13 stitches along the right side of the heel (as shown in the photo) on both socks.
Finally, I have all the stitches picked up for the gusset.  Thats the triangular area a the side of the heel.  I have knit a few more rows.  I decrease one stitch at each side of the guesset until I am back to my original number of stitches.  The pattern continues as established on the top of the sock.

Marie at Daisy's Book Journal is continuing with her socks.  She won't have a post this week, but will keep you insuspense till next week.

Did you check out the fabric postcards on my other blog, Send a Postcard a Week, last week.  I have added a few more.  First a scrappy, inch one that I have sent to my sister.  I also posted pics of some Valentines fabric cards made by myself and my mother.  Hope you enjoy them.  This week I will be making at least one fabric postcard and will be featuring step by step photos.  I'll post a link next week, or better yet, elect to follow my post card blog.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Great socks and love the color!

Marie said...

They look great. Good job. It looks a bit complicated, though. I'm sure I'd mix it up in no time. ;)

Jenny Girl said...

I have a love/hate relationship with heels. The rest of the sock goes much faster, but this whole process is always hairy for me. Don't know why for sure.

I haven't reallybeen in a sock mood lately anyway. I have had one otn for quite some time. Currently working on some lace.