Monday 2 April 2012

March Madness 2012: Final Four

How exciting.  Down to the final four.  My favourite, Room by Emma Donaghue has fallen to the wayside.  Though I must admit that I am not disappointed by the remaining books.  They are all worthy novels.

Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Little Princes by Conor Grennan  - non-fiction
The Given Day by Dennis Lehane

At this point I am confident that Ms. Lee will prevail over the competition.  Should that be the case, I will read her book as soon as I can obtain a copy and then make my own decision on it.  In light of the current Trayvon Martin injustice, it might prove to be a very timely read.

Have you chosen to read any of the books as a result of them being featured in this playoff.  Was there a book that you felt should have been included, or should have lasted into further rounds.

What titles would you nominate for next years March Madness.

Don't forget to go and vote.

Back next week with the winners who will be battling it out in the final round.

No comments: