Thursday 5 April 2012

Storm Front: The Dresden Files Book 1 by Jim Butcher

Storm Front Audio CD-MP3 Edition by Jim ButcherBook 1 I was wanting to continue reading this series, but it had been two years since I read the first book; I wanted to re-read.  Fortunate me, my library had Storm Front as an MP3 download.  I loved the audio version.  Since I already has a mental image of Harry, it was quite easy to slip right into the story.

This version is from Buzzy Multimedia. 8 hours 2 minutes unabridged.  Read by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy and Angel).  This is the first audio book read by Mr. Marsters that I have listened to.  I liked the way he takes the occasional momentary pause .  These drew my attention back to the dialogue if my attention had started to stray.  Would definitely listen to more of his work.

I am not doing a full review here, but should you want to know more about the story, read my 2010 review of Storm Front.

Thanks to Buzzy Multimedia for use of the cover image.

No comments: