Tuesday 17 April 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Flannel Pillowcases in Spring

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.
It was a much better week for stitching.  I spent a bit of time on my Amalia shoulder shawl.  I am on repeat 15 of 27.  Yippe, more than halfway, though I am still on the first skein of wool.  It's pretty small now, and I suspect that I'll be winding the next one later today.

Years ago I bought several metres of each of two flannel prints.  Thought the kids would love for me to make them some sleep pants.  Only problem is, is that flannel has no real stretch, thus the kids find it isn't comfy for sleeping. 

The kids still love the fabric, what to do with it.  I had about three metres of each.  Several weeks ago I had promised my son's girlfriend that I would make her a pink pillowcase.  I can't recall how the topic of pillowcases came around, but she was the only one in the room who didn't have one made by either myself or by my mom.  Hey, this is an awesome pink.  I decided to use the two fabrics to make her case.
The two of them are a bit much together.  Fortunately I had several other large pieces of flannel in my stash.  They are for a quilt for my niece, but I bought way more than I needed.  They had already been pre-shrunk, only needed pressing, and more pressing. 


The colour combos are wonderful.  I still can't decide which is my favourite.  Girlfriend will get first pick and then the other kids can fight it out.  I don't know how much they will use them now as it's getting warmer here, but they do look good.


Numbered 1-7 starting at the left, which is your favourite combo?

1 Black skulls and red
2 Green with black skulls
3 Pink skulls with blue
4 Red with pink skulls
5 Black skulls with Orange
6 Green with pink skulls
7 Black and pink skulls 

Send me a link or photo of your favourite pillowcase photo and I'll add it here.

Other pillowcases I"ve made:





You'll want to pop over to Lit and Laundry and see the progress on the wonderful "Henrietta Whiskers Quilt".  All the little animal characters are totally enchanting.

1 comment:

Barb said...

wonderful pillowcases!