Thursday 9 January 2014

Tangled Thursday - Drawing on a New Year

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com

I'm a bit slow getting started this morning, I'll blame it on the cold weather and the snow.  Lots of snow.  I'm located in the zone that first had the ice storm around December 22, 2013 and this past week we've had over 25cm (a foot ) of snow and more ice.  Did I mention that it's been cold, -25C the other morning.  That was the morning I was outside cleaning first the snow and then the ice off the solar panels that I bought for hubby for Christmas.  Fortunately we are having a bit of sunshine, but not enough to melt the snow off the panels on the roof.   darn. 

This brings me to our challenge for next week, SUN.  Draw a sun and fill it with tangles, or draw tangles in the shape of a sun, do what you need to make the sun shine.  Add some sunny colours if you want, but make it hot and sunny.

In the meantime,  I am reading Prophecy: Child of Light (Vampires Realm Romance) by Felicity Heaton.  Just before the mid point of the book, character Prophecy receives an amulet from the three witches.  It is described as rings that slip onto her fingers that are attached by wires to a bracelet that encircles her wrist.  On the palm side there are more wires that support a blue gem.  This is something that I have to draw.  Last night as I fell asleep, I was imagining how these wires would be interwoven atop her hand, was there a tangle that I could use ...  And then I woke up.  Time for the sketch book and I'll be back with a drawing next week along with the SUN.

Were your fingers busy over the holidays, share your recent Zentangle inspired post below.

1 comment:

Marie said...

It was really cold here, too, for awhile. Now, thankfully we've gotten a reprieve. I'm hoping it's going to last for a bit.

Lots of snow, too. I'm really tired of shoveling.

Sorry, I'm so late in commenting. I'll be sure to post my sun on Thursday. ;)