Thursday 16 January 2014

Tangled Thursday - Sun, Sun, Sun, here we come!

 
Last week I challenged my friends to tangle a sun or a sunny feeling.  This was the perfect time to add some warm colours.  I used some sharpie markers in orange and yellow.  They aren't as fine as the pigma pens, but some times you have to work with what you have.  A browse through a book about mandalas inspired me for the middle and then I used Arrows and Twisted Ribbons  for my sun's rays.  I am quite pleased with the result.s

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com

 
My second sun is much simpler of just one tangle, Starburst., oops, and then a bit of beadlines.  OK, two tangles. It only seems sunny due to the colours used, if I'd used cool blues then it would have made me think of a star.
 
It's Elaine's turn to suggest our next challenge.  I'll update once I hear from her.
 
 

 Last week I told you I was reading Prophecy: Child of Light (Vampires Realm Romance) by Felicity Heaton.  There is quite a bit of descriptive imagery in the book that lends itself to Zentangle style drawing.  This is my first attempt at depicting the amulet that Prophecy is given by the three witches.  The finger rings work, but the 'star' on top of the hand it totally wrong.  It looks more like tendons to me.  Time to try again.
Having all the rings the same, was a bit too boring, much more fun to have different ones for each finger and a much more different pattern for the bracelet.  Next I drew the star and then attached it to the jewelry.  I am much happier with this version.  The star could be a wee bit larger, and probably chains as opposed to wires to connect with the rings, but I'm not going to quibble about these.


Did you do some tangling this past week.  Whether it's a sun or not, visit Mr. Linky below and join in the fun.  I'll be sure to visit your blog and leave a comment.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Love your suns. Interesting how color can make such a difference in how we interpret a design. I hadn't thought of the second one being a star, but now that you mention it...

The amulet is interesting. Are you intending to make one? It would be fun to wear.

Can't wait to get next week's theme.

Marie said...

Really nice work, Heather. I love your bright colours.

I like the jewelry, too! I'd definitely wear that, although, I don't usually go to fancy places where that would be appropriate. ;)