Thursday 29 May 2014

Tangled Thursday - Circles all Around

 Last week I challenged my friends and readers, to use string 71 to create a tile.  It was the loopiness of it that appealed to me.  I have been travelling the net looking at a lot of Zentangle work and found myself most attracted to the drawings that were more open and spacious.  In this tile I am trying to incorporate that feeling.  (I still need to work on that).  Tangles used: Paradox, Citrus, Puff Border, Intersection, Cactus and Sprockets var. 
 Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
 i was having such fun with this string that I wanted to do it again.  After I pencilled in the string, I then used the pencil to lightly draw a Knightbridge grid across the entire area of the tile.  Staying consistent in the string, I filled alternating squares with various fills.  This is a favourite technique with me.
 I am the Diva, Challenge 169 was to use circles for our string.  I used two different size lids to create my string.  To fill it in, I only used tangles that included a circle.  Diamonds & Pearls, Satellites, Star Map, Sponge, Holding Hands, Eye Balls, Spotty, Hopscotch, Strircles, spinners and Tipple.

I have finished daughter's graduation drawing.  I showed it last week and explained my selection of tangles. I've added Warts and Wobbles at the far right of the rainbow, Intersection instead of a pot of gold, and some additional flowers called Joy.





Did you get a chance to tangle with string 71, Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your post.

8 comments:

jeanchaneyaz said...

I love how you only used tangles that include circles for your challenge piece! Your other work is very nicely done as well.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Beautiful, all of it.

dianeclancy said...

I love your circles ... and that you used circles to create circles ... very cool!!

Your daughter's ZIA is lovely!!

I can hardly believe your first 2 are both from the same string!! WOW

I have drawn string 71 on an Art Card (ACEO sized) and shall see about doing your string.

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use tangles with circles in for your circle string tile. I love the afghan that you're making, looks like there's a lot of work gone in to that :) Linda x

Tami said...

I'm sorry that I didn't get anything done for this challenge. I'll still do it - eventually.

I love your drawings - especially the second one where the string is so subtle. Very creative!

Let me know when there's another challenge and I'll try to manage my time better.

dianeclancy said...

I am working on my tangle with String 71 ... is it here I leave a link to my post when I finish? Thank you!!

~ Diane Clancy
http://DianeClancy.com/blog

dianeclancy said...

I have done my String 71 ... not sure what to do so I guess I will make a post (but it won't come out til tomorrow since I did one today)

~ Diane Clancy
htp://www.DianeClancy.com/blog

dianeclancy said...

Hi Heather - had my post done Saturday - looked great!! Posted on Sunday and the image was gone!! For some reason my blog didn't like the image (tried for hours to do it) - so I went and loaded it up at my wordpress.com blog and it thought the image was fine!! So I used the image from there ... so weird!! But I have now put it in the Mister Linky :) ~ Diane