Thursday 15 May 2014

Tangled Thursday - I am the Diva Challenge 167

This week I thought I would try a challenge from another group.  I am the Diva issues a weekly challenge.  This week she suggested a duotangle using only Wells and Punzel.  I have tried Punzel previously and had some difficulty with it .  What a better thing to be challenged with, than something I find difficult.

Since the tangle Punzel is of a linear nature, I wanted to use strings that had such a feature.   string 94 was my first attempt.  I like the results with the exception of the lines I used for the fill behind Punzel.  They clash with the lines of Wells.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
 My second tile uses string 103, which I have previously used and enjoyed.  I started with Punzel and really like the effect, but when I added Wells, it just looks all mushed together.
I cut Punzel out and used a glue stick to affix it to a new tile.
 added a two line aura to give it a bit of a breathing space.
 Finally added Wells. No background filling lines this time .  It still is too crowded and the Punzel gets lost.
Adding colour in a couple of spots does help, but it still is a bit overwhelming.  Oh well, it was a challenge and I have tried some new things and learned a bit more.

Tami, at Just One More Thing, has posted our challenge for next week.  This is a very timely one for those of us with family members readying for a new phase of their life adventure.

7 comments:

Jennifer Hohensteiner said...

It was so interesting to read about and see your process! And I think you made great observations and good decisions, and the last tile is successful and pretty.

ArtyZen said...

Hi Heather - I've really enjoyed your journey through this challenge! Thank you so much for sharing it - there's a lot to learn and a lot to admire here. Your final Punzel certainly does stand out much more and your tenacity has paid off! Axxx

Anne's tangle blog said...

You did a great job with it. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love your variations of Wells. And the last tile is very good. The colour and the highlights made it.
Thank you for sharing your learning process.

Marta said...

Beautiful tiles and loved seeing and reading about your process.

Marianne said...

Love your tangles - and I also had issues with punzel...
ThanK you for the nice comment in my blog :)

dianeclancy said...

Wow, you really explored this DuoTangle!!! Really so creative - I love the way you have shown lots of Well ... I started to but not a lot of room. Thank you for you idea of dots and lines :) Cool entries you have!!

~ Diane Clancy

http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/05/duotangle-well-punzel-challenge-entry/