Friday 5 February 2010

Knit a cosy for a bridge

That's exactly what Sue Sturdy of Cambridge, Ontario, Canada wants to do.  She wants volunteers to knit pieces of yarn until she has enough to blanket a bridge in that city.  She already has over one hundred volunteers.

She hopes to have the blanket on the bridge sometime this summer.  After the exhibit the blanket will be removed, sections taken apart, washed and then make into scarfs and smaller blankets to be distributed where needed.

I know you think I'm joking, so check the article in my local paper.  Sue Sturdy wants to make a cosy for a bridge.

I don't have a contact for Sue at this time, but will check with the newspaper and will post when I have found one.

2 comments:

nat @book, line, and sinker said...

creative--but i actually like the idea of a giant scarf for the old clock tower better! sounds cuter to me. :) i'm not much of a knitter and have several unfinished projects to prove it.

Jenny Girl said...

Oh my....not sure what to say about this one. I like the previous commenter's idea of a giant scarf, because a bridge seems too logistically difficult.
Still sheds light on good causes though.