Tuesday 2 February 2010

March Madness: HarperCollins Canada Book Tournament


March Madness is back over at HarperCollins Canada.  The staff have toughed it out and come up with 64 of the hardest hitting titles to hit publishing the past decades.

I had a hard time chosing my favourite out of each pairing.  It started off with 'The Book of Negroes' by Lawrence Hill poised against 'The Untamed Bride' by  Stephanie Laurens.  For me, the vote was obvious.  That was the last easy vote.  I had to click on each bookcover picture and read for myself the details and determine which would be the heavy hitter. 

I have read several others including:
Clara Callans by Richard B. Wright
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

and near the top of my reading pile is:
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill

After I completed voting in all 32 pairings, I entered the contest to win all 64 titles as well as a one week trip to the Bahamas.  Click the link for HarperCollins and make your selections.  Good Luck to both you and your book choices.

2 comments:

Cory said...

I think you're going to LOVE Lullabies!

Unknown said...

I think I may have to check out some of your reads!