Sunday 28 February 2010

Contest: Those Red, Canada Olympic Mittens: The hottest commodity in the Country

Its winning day today.  I was watching what I thought would be the final minutes of the Gold Medal Canada-USA mens hockey game.  arg, tied 2-2.  What better to do than draw the winner for these wonderful mittens.

I wrote a list of all the entries for each commenter, and then numbered them.  Then I went to Random.org and had them generate a random number in my range to determine the winner.

The winner is Dorte in Denmark.  Will be sending her a message right away.

Now back to the game.

8 comments:

Anya said...

Congratulations to the mitten winner and to the Canadian hockey team! We gave you a good run for the money, however!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats to the winner! What an incredible prize ;-)

The Book Chick said...

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!! I'm so happy with that men's hockey gold medal, as I thought that all was lost after that last-second goal by the Americans. My hats off to the USA- you were a worthy opponent to the end!!!!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What a wonderful prize. I'm sure Dorte will be pleased to have won.

Jenny Girl said...

I was also watching that game so congrats :(
Canada and the U.S. provided some of the most entertaining games during these past two weeks.

Dorte H said...

Sorry I haven´t even been around to say how happy I am! I am terribly busy working right now, but I can assure you that mittens is a useful prize! My grown daughters have never seen as much snow in Denmark as this winter :D

- and I will be proud indeed to sport the Canadian colours!

Nancy said...

That's is fantastic Heather. Congrats to Dorte.
I managed to see some of the men and most of the woman's team sporting their medals at the Calgary Flames hockey game last night. The game wasn't as excitng as any of the Olympic games. The Olympic hockey had much more energy and speed.

(M)ary said...

I want to wish you a belated Congratulations on the Canadian hockey teams winning gold. Well deserved!
It was the only game I watched of the entire Olympics. I wanted to watch curling but they didn't show any on the network tv station.