Wednesday 11 May 2011

Love that Courier Guy

 It's always exciting when one of those courier trucks pulls into my driveway.  What is he going to bring to my door this time.  Fortunate for me and my reading habit, he brought me books twice this week, and it's only Tuesday.

First was a prize package from Rachelle at Bibliobabe.com.  She had hosted a year long reading challenge and recently drew names for the prize winners.  As she remarked, all the participants were winners as they all read some pretty amazing, quality books.  Now I have more books to read.  I also won the coolest of book bags.  I really must get out and about so I can carry it with me.  That's my daughter modelling it.

Beneath a Marble Sky  by John Shors
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
Belong to Me by Marisa de lost Santos
Through A Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen
The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick
The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham
The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone







Next day arrived a prize package from Tundra Books.  If you're not already a follower of their blog, Talking with Tundra, you should sign up as they host some wonderful blog book tours as well as terrific contests.

The Lime Green Secret by Georgia Graham
Talking Tails: The Incredible Connection Between People and Their Pets by Ann Love & Jane Drake
Splinters by Kevin Sylvester
Out of Slavery by Linda Granfield
Timmerman Was Here by Colleen Sydor & Nicolas Debon
Design it: the ordinary Things we use Every Day and The Not-so-Ordinary Ways they came to Be by Roan Arato
Yes You Can: Your Guide to becoming an Activist by Jane Drake & Ann Love

I haven't read many children's books lately and I find that I am looking forward to them.

4 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

How wonderful, such an amazing selection and what a great bag. I read the Kingmaking a while ago (before I started blogging) and really enjoyed it so look forward to your review.

Martha@Hey, I want to read that said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful courier man you have. You got some really great books and some happy reading ahead of you.

Barb said...

What fun mail..... my favorite time of the day is mail time...Enjoy!

Amy said...

Oohhh books in the mail days are so exciting. Some really great books here to read, how will you choose what to start with?!