Tuesday 10 May 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Sneak Peak at Scribbling Around the Quilt Frame

I have now moved to the larger design wall.  This is my first go at arranging the various components.  I need at least seven more blocks to fill in the spaces.  A few contacts have indicated that they are interested in participating.  Now I have a photo to send them and gently nudge them along.  I'm real happy with the range of colours and visual textures.  I have yet to add embellishments beyond embroidery; can't wait to start adding some bead work.  You won't be able to zoom in an read the pieces, they are a bit fuzzy.  I'll do better photos later and increase the number of pixels.


I looked at some images of the rabbit fence in Australia and definitely want to include that on the quilt.  I don't want to straight print off a photo.  Too flat.  I am thinking of fabric with rabbits on it and then either machine stitch or embroider the fence.  It appears to be much like a heavy duty chicken wire with wooden support posts.

For a break this week I started working on a simple scarf, well, not much of a scarf, more a fascinator.  Remember those funky hats from Royal Wedding week.  Now imagine a fun, flirty little scarf sitting loosely around the neck.  They are as much for fun and colour as anything. It needs a bit more work before I can show it to you.  Next week for sure.

Are you stitching this week?  Be sure to link up with Needlework Tuesday, share your project and receive encouragement.

Marie at Daisy's Book Journal needs your support.  The flood waters are practically at her doorstep.  Please visit with her at her blog and leave her a message of encouragement.

Sherrie at Just Books has made wonderful progess on her doily.  For those who haven't attempted making one of these, they are a labour of love, but so worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Your quilt looks awesome! Can't wait to see the whole thing done. I've posted my Needlework Tuesday a day late, but it's there. Still working on the doily. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Tami said...

Your quilt is amazing. Love the colors.

Sorry I didn't get a needlework post done this week - but I didn't get any needlework done either. Adult responsibilities took over and there was no time for the fun stuff. I did get some wool yarn for knitting and the thread for my quilt - so hopefully progress by next week.

Thanks for hosting.