Saturday 2 July 2011

5th Canadian Reading Challenge & Canada Day Read-A-Thon

It's that time of year again.  Canada Day has come and gone, now to start reading those Canadian titles.  This is the 5th year of the Canadian Reading Challenge hosted by John at The Book Mine Set.   Please note that you don't have to live in Canada nor be Canadian to join the fun and enjoy this great Canadian writing.  All are welcome.  Visit John's site for further details and thousands of book suggestionsn.
Today for the very first time, John has included a 24 hour read-a-thon.  This is a great way to start off the 5th year of the challenge. 

I haven't joined into a read-a-thon before and think this will be fun.  I am ready.  I have been collecting books  for weeks.  I doubt I'll get through more than 2 maybe 3, but I wanted to be prepared.  I have already started listening to Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.  In the line up I also have Spin by Catherine McKenzie, Dust City by Robert Paul Weston, and The Water Rat of Wanchai by Ian Hamilton.  I might even squeeze in a children's book if I have time.  What would a reading challenge be without a book by Robert Munsch.

I'll be posting regular updates on my progress and will try and write a review when I finish a book.  Fortunately I already have cover photos.  Yippee.

Please check back and encourage me.  I'll check comments when I am ready to post and update.

3 comments:

Em said...

Good luck with the read-a-thon!
I am not participating because I had other plans (which have been cancelled), but I will try to post a few reviews on Canadian short stories. And of course, I'll pop over to the participants' blogs to provide encouragements!

John Mutford said...

Best of luck with the readathon!

Melwyk said...

Good luck with your reading & listening! You have a good mix in the list so far. I haven't finished one yet, but have lots underway ;)