Tuesday 5 July 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Couldn't resist Knitting

Sorry to be late with my post today.  I wanted to finish a project and show it today. 

Welcome to Needlework Tuesday.  You are invited to share your current needlework project.  Leave a comment with your link and I'll add you to this post.  Please visit the sites of the other participants and encourage them in their projects.
Quilter Yumiko Alexander has designed this ruffled scarf.  Visit Yumiko's website, scroll down to the second picture on the left for the link to the pattern download.  I used one 100 gram (3.5 oz) ball of Patons Canadiana  colour Morocco.  It was enough to make two scarves.

This first photo shows the scarf before blocking.
Portion of the scarf blocked.
Modelling the scarf.  The steaming and blocking made for a rather flat scarf.  With the second scarf I am going to try and steam only the centre portion of the scarf in the hopes that it will retain it's ruffle.
This next very vivid green shawl is from a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.  Sweet Peach Shawl Pattern Number L0366.

I knit it from a thin worsted weight yarn that my sister gave me.  It had no ball band so I can't identify it.  It used less than the whole ball, so 100 grams would be enough.
Both projects to show size.  The ruffle scarf measures about 25 inches in length.  This will be a gift for my niece (her mother gave me the yarn).

What have you been stitching this week or plan to work on in the upcoming week?

Sherrie at Just Books has been at it with her crochet hook again.  She is working on a lovely mauve doily.

5 comments:

Miri said...

That is a terrific scarf...very Jane Austen looking!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

oh I like the scarf, a great choice of colours. The shawl I'm not so keen on though I'm sure it will be lovely a warm.

TheBookGirl said...

Oh my goodness, both items are fabulous...I'd like to think that I could actually knit that scarf, but something tells me that I'm dreaming, lol.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Both of them are beautiful, but I like the ruffled one best. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Paulina said...

Both the scarf and the shawl turned out great!