Tuesday 6 April 2010

Needlework Tuesday

Last week I showed you the 'adult' version of this scarf knit with two shades of wool.  This week is the children's version.  It is knit with
Red Heart Kids Yellow and Bikini.   I describe the colour of the 'Bikini' yarn as being Jelly Bean camoflauge.
Since the scarf is finished, I needed a new knitting project.  This will be afghan #2.  It is from a pattern by Bernat called 'Star Afghan'.  I am using all sorts of colours and textures of yarns that are in the pink - purple range.  At this point I have about 22 rows complete with dozens more to go.  It was featured on the Bernat blog in November and December.

I haven't done any sewing in ages and really must get back to that.  My son has a shirt that he wants and we've ordered the fabric. Both kids are asking for more pairs of funky boxer shorts and I already have the fabric washed and ready to cut.  I'll see what I get to this week, but I really should be working on my grammar course instead.  (yeah right).

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Yellow, my favourite colour - I love your scarf knit, it looks deliciously warm and comforting.

Threeundertwo said...

LOL at "jellybean camouflage." I love pink and purple so I can't wait to see how the afghan works up.

Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday. Now I want to see those boxers. . .

Rockin Momma said...

Happy Friday! I'm your new follower! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1602 and sign up for my newest giveaway!