Tuesday 13 April 2010

Wreck this Journal by Keri Smith

A few weeks ago I bought this neat journal for my daughter for her birthday.  This is a picture of what it looked like 5 days later.  This is a fun journal designed by Keri Smith.  Keri has a few other 'books' that you'll want to learn about and possibly play with.  I haven't seen anything like it previously.  I guess those little activities books I used to get as a child are a pale comparision.This is a book that you are supposed to truly enjoy.  Savour each page to the fullest (even the one where it's suggested that you tear it out, crumple it up and chew on it).
She certainly followed instructions on this page. 
A few more days and the journal had really progressed.  She had dad take it to the drill press and make a hole so she could put it on a cord and carry it around.  Yes, those are Dora and Hello Kitty bandages.
The back of the book hasn't been spared.

My daughter is not alone in her destructive book practices.  Marie at Daisy's Book Journal is blogging weekly about her progress.  Cindy at Cindy's Love of Books is also noting her progress.  I'll be turning this over to my daughter and she will further update you one her destructive habits at her blog Illusion-esk.  Not sure when and what she will post there, but she is always amusing. 

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Never heard tell of a wreck me journal-what a concept. I am totally amazed at your star afgan! WOW!

cindysloveofbooks said...

I am behind in posting my Wreck This Journal. Two weeks now.

Thanks for taking part and I will link back to your post when I get mine written.

Hope your daughter is having fun wrecking the journal.

Stone Meadow One said...

Haha! That sounds like so much fun!! I want one!

Marie said...

Awesome Heather! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Sara said...

Wow that is so cool! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

bermudaonion said...

It looks like your daughter's doing a great job with it - very creative!