Tuesday 20 April 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Star Afghan update


Another good week of progress.  Not as many rows completed, but that is due to each row now having 900 stitches. eeks.  I am truly in the home stretch.  A handful of rows to go yet.  Currently using a varigated skein of Patons Decor.

Now measures about 35 inches from the centre to the stretched out point.  This is the size called for in the pattern, though considering all the different yarns I used, mine will be larger.  I plan to have the final pic for you next Tuesday.  Don't forget to return for the unveiling.

I am really am supposed to be studying for my grammar exam on friday evening.  I have been using the punctuation rules in my posts for the past few days. Trying to write fancy sentences and using new to me punctuation has been fun.  I'll let you know how I do on the exam when I get my results in a few weeks.  I am aiming for a pass and anything above that will be a bonus.

Back to composing dependent phrases.

6 comments:

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

That is so beautiful! I crocheted a blanket last year for my mom, but haven't tried anything that ambitious since.

Good luck on your exam :)

Elly D said...

Oh My Goodness... what an accomplishment!! You have such patience. Your afghan is looking beautiful I love the colours you have chosen. Ellyx

Diana LaMarre said...

Lovely colors in the afghan! Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Good luck on the grammar exam.

Linda said...

Can't wait for the unveiling! I just love your use of different yarns.

Dorte H said...

The colours are just so beautiful!

Bibliobabe said...

Wow - this is beautiful! I think I would rather work on this than study for grammar!