Tuesday 13 April 2010

Needlework Tuesday

I have been doing lots of knitting on my star shaped afghan.  I have passed row 91 and now have over 700 stitches on the needle.  Measures 24 1/2 inches from the pink centre to the outside edge.  That's a heck of a lot considering I started with 4 stitches.  I visited with my sister on the weekend and she sent me home with about 6 additional balls of yarn, mostly fancy ones.
This next photo shows the some of the 'fancy' yarns that I am including:

From top to bottom:
Bernat Bling Bling - Cabaret Crimson
Red Heart Hunny - Pink Blush
Hot Pink Eyelash yarn - maker unknown
Patons Cha Cha - Vegas
Patons Silverlash - Pink Champagne
Bernat Chenille Sherbet - Cherry Splash
Moda Dea Tutu - Raspberry
Moda Dea Aerie - Pink  **
Patons Glittallic - Maroon Shine **
Unknown Chenille - white/pink
Bernat Matrix - Web Wines
Unknown Pink Eyelash
Bernat Boa - Flamingo

** These are my two favourites and of course they are discontinued. oh drat.

Last week after posting my progress, Linda at Scrapmaster , commented that the afghan reminded her of the Citadel in  Halifax
For more information on this site, visit the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada website where I borrowed this picture.

There are numerous star shaped forts around the world.  I quick google search on 'star shaped fortifications yielded many.

I'll be back with further updates on this project.

1 comment:

The little book of Nessie said...

Your star afgan looks wonderful. Nice colours too. Regards, Nessie